Sunday, August 29, 2010

CHRISTMAS BOOKS, MOSTLY THEOLOGICAL

More books I might want for Christmas:

A Theology of Liberation by Gustavo Gutierrez
Dare We Hope That All Men Be Saved? With a Short Discourse on Hell by Hans Urs von Balthasar
God in the World: A Guide to Karl Rahner's Theology by Thomas F. O'Meara

Books that I'll be reading in the next semester of college:

Five Women Who Loved Love by Saikaku
The Narrow Road to Oku by Basho
Quicksand by Tanizaki
Kokoro by Soseki
Wild Geese by Mori
Something by Akutagawa whose title I can't remember.

WISH ME LUCK!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!
    "Five Women Who Loved Love" /has/ to be the title of something amazing. There's no way it's not.

    Also, I hope you get good Christmas presents, but I already gave you the best one you're getting this year :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating your list. Gotta start my shopping! Which of the books for your literature course have you read besides
    "the Narrow Road to Oku"? Make sure to bring that one home at Thanksgiving, I want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 'Five Women Who Loved Love', 'Quicksand', and about half of 'Mandarins'. I have also read some surprises including 'Tales of Moonlight and Rain' and 'The Love-Suicides at Amijima'.

    ReplyDelete