Monday, January 10, 2011

First post of the new year?

So, a couple of days ago I watched the first episode (the only one out yet) of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's a magic show with cutesy character designs that I was only watching because it's Kajiura Yuki's first full soundtrack in about two years.

Then I realised something.

This has the same director as Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei. And the same writer as Saya no Uta and Fate/Zero.

And I watched the rest of the episode. And. AND.

IT IS LIKE BEING HIT OVER THE HEAD WITH A SOCK FULL OF MERVYN PEAKE'S DARKEST DAYDREAMS.

IT'S LIKE
HIDAMARI SKETCH MEETS TITUS GROAN.

It's grim and disturbing and amazing and I hope it keeps up the first episode's quality (or even improves on it, since first episodes of anime series tend to be a bit bland).

2 comments:

  1. Homerun x Madoka. It must be. Look at all that UST in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very obviously. I am the last person who'd ever deny that.

    ReplyDelete