Saturday, April 24, 2010

First poast

This is a first post!

If you are able to access this you either know me from somewhere else and have followed a link that I gave you or you have stumbled here inadvertently somehow. If you fall into the former category I'd appreciate some indication as to what sort of things you'd like to see me talk about. Obviously I'm going to be talking about books a lot, and about the world a lot, but I can get more or less specific because I'm not doing this for some sort of onanistic self-gratification but because there are apparently people who wanted me to get a blog and care about what I have to say about stuff.

Currently I have the following things on my table:
  • Finish reading Descent into Hell and read the other Charles Williams novels that I have.
  • Read the following books for my current writing project, because I actually bother to do research: Popol Vuh, Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict, The Media Relations Department of Hizbollah Wishes You a Happy Birthday, The Sacred Scriptures of the Japanese (Post Wheeler's attempt at translating the Kojiki), The Hopi Survival Guide, Journey to Ixtlan.
  • Give some serious thought to starting the Unabridged Fucking Genji (hereinafter UFG) that I have.
  • Do more painting.
  • Continue watching Arakawa Under the Bridge and wondering whether I'm supposed to feel bad about myself for this.
  • Keep trying to get people into Kara no Kyoukai, Simoun, and Doctor Who.
Here we go!

6 comments:

  1. This is your official first post. I think you should add Haibane Renmei to your list of things you're trying to get people into. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haibane-Renmei deserves to be discovered on its own. This may be an absurd and nigh-meaningless statement but I think it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I like your bio. :D I look forward to reading what you post here. I was thinking stuff about religion and politics? I always enjoy your posts on those topics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Hello, Jay.

    Well, my Arakawa post just now gets into the politics of homelessness, but not very much. Mostly it's just about how I'm a little doubtful (not NO GOD NO doubtful, more like First-Doctor 'H'mmm' doubtful) about the idea of a comedy about abject poverty.

    If you're here for things like me saying that Rush Limbaugh has been spirited away by a demon and Tony Abbott doesn't even appear to WANT to win elections and Nick Clegg is Britain's new bicycle, you're out of luck for the next two days. I'll probably do something about the financial reform bill in my country when our Senate takes it up on Monday, though.

    And I'll definitely be talking about religion when I finish Descent into Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the painting, man. ;) You know what they say: a picture tells more than a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like I could upload a picture of the painting that I just finished. It uses a couple of different kinds of water-based paints and coloured strips of paper. It has a fox fighting a dragon in one corner.

    ReplyDelete