Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simoun drinking game

Take a shot:

  • Every time specific reference to sex change is made.
  • Every time you want to slap a religious official.
  • Every time you want to slap a secular official (warning: in the later stages of the show, this may result in alcohol poisoning).
  • Every time you find yourself getting emotionally invested in a character who hasn’t had much screen time until now.
  • Every time an Argentine or Plumbish character speaks in their native language (Japanese played backwards).
  • Every time a new dodgy translation of an honorific comes up.
  • Every time Aaeru does something insensitive.
  • Every time Simoun makes you cry or feel feelings associated with crying.
  • Every time we see a Ri Maajon that hasn’t been seen before.
  • Every time a straight couple appears onscreen, drink the whole bottle (don’t worry; this only happens once).

4 comments:

  1. "Every time you find yourself getting emotionally invested in a character who hasn’t had much screen time until now."
    YES.
    THIS.
    Off the top of my head, in order:
    - Rodoreamon in episode 10
    - Wapourif in episode 14
    - Anubituf and Guragief in episode 22
    - Yun during her arc from episode 21-24, and Onashia during this time as well
    I'm sure I'm missing some. Due to the way this series is set up (large cast with most episodes focusing on two characters) this situation happens often.

    "Every time Aaeru does something insensitive."
    I feel like episode 13 is not a good time to drink with this. XD

    "Every time a straight couple appears onscreen, drink the whole bottle (don’t worry; this only happens once)."
    AHAH. THIS IS REFERRING TO EPISODE 26, RIGHT? WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS THAT OR 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, among others:

    Rodoreamon AND Mamiina in episode 10
    Wapourif and Morinas in 15
    YUN AND ONASHIA YES YES YES
    And Anubituf and Guragief around 22 or so. How could you of all people forget the creeping Anubituf-Guragief love???

    IT WAS REFERRING TO EPISODE 26, YES, SINCE WAPOURIF AND MORINAS WEREN'T /VISIBLY/ STRAIGHT BEFORE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't include Mamiina since she had had a large amount of screentime before that relative to the amount of episodes she was in, but considering it wasn't LIKABLE screentime until episode 10 and afterwards, she counts too. XD

    Wapourif and Morinas were 14 like I said. But yes. That episode. <3
    YUN AND ONASHIA. <3
    And I didn't forget Anubituf/Guragief! I listed them! That is actually the biggest case ever of characters I merely liked becoming characters I was highly emotionally invested in in ALMOST NO TIME FLAT (and I'm still highly emotionally invested over 1.5 years after the fact).

    I THOUGHT SO. PLUS 26 WAS THE ONLY TIME THEY WERE SHOWN AS AN ACTUALLY CONFIRMED COUPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I'M SORRY. I MISSED THAT YOU HAD LISTED ANUBITUF AND GURAGIEF.

    I agree with everything else that you said in this comment. Oh, Simoun. Never stop making me feel.

    ReplyDelete